Volunteer with Honor Flight Bluegrass!
Honor Flight Bluegrass is a 100% volunteer-led and volunteer-supported organization. We cannot accomplish our mission without the help of community members who are ready and able to give back to our Veterans.
If you would like to support our mission through volunteering, please review the available roles below, then complete the linked volunteer application. We have several opportunities available, allowing for many different skill levels and time commitments. We can’t wait to have you join us!
- Organize volunteers for upcoming events and contact via email and/or phone
- Coordinate with database manager to maintain volunteer list
- Communicate with committee chairs on volunteer needs
Communications and PR
- Graphic Design (responsibilities can be shared among multiple volunteers)
- Adobe Creative Cloud skills (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Create publicity materials (brochures, signage, etc.)
- Assemble Honor Flight photo memory book
- Create newsletter
- Proofread/edit communications materials
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter)
- Develop content
- Create uplifting posts that promote our organization
- Seek possible funding resources (local businesses and corporations)
- Grant writing
- Brainstorm and help implement fundraising events
Our Ground Crew team is integral to a smooth Honor Flight mission! This group helps at the airport on flight days in the early morning (4:00am-7:00am) and late evening (8:00pm-11:00pm). Some tasks include staging wheelchairs, helping flight participants get organized for the trip, passing out donuts and coffee, talking to Veterans, directing the crowd at the Welcome Home…and the lists goes on!
Phone Call Team
Help make phone calls to Veterans and Guardians as needed for pre- and post-flight activities.
We often need volunteers to heinclude car shows, air shows, veteran gatherings, parades, etc. Some jobs include working information tables, conversing withlp us with any special events we have around town, which are unrelated to flight day. Examples veterans during events, setting up/tearing down equipment/booths, and many more activities.
Note: Our medical volunteer positions are currently full, and we are not accepting applications for medics at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Other ways you can help Honor Flight Bluegrass!
- Write letters for Mail Call
- Join us at the Welcome Home event on flight day
- Encourage Veterans to apply for a flight
To volunteer with us, please click the link below to access our volunteer application. Thanks for your support!Volunteer Application